This position provides overall plant leadership for Crown of Holland, Netherlands. This position directs the Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehousing, Distribution, Quality, Human Resources, Safety, Customer Service, and purchasing functions at the plant level. This position is also responsible for insuring that products are produced in a safe, sanitary environment conforming to recognized industry GMP’s and delivered in accordance with industry standards and customer specifications. The Plant Manager reports to the Director Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish cost savings and goals involving staff, vendors and customers to achieve the lowest possible manufacturing costs.
- Develop and implement effective supply chain management programs linking procurement, processing, packaging, and distribution into a seamless process and insuring that adequate programs are in place in all disciplines to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all business functions internal and external to the plant. Efficiently utilize all equipment, raw material, packaging materials and staff to insure the lowest possible cost.
- Establish plant quality programs that insure the compliance with all local and customer requirements. Insures that in line quality controls are established to detect and correct quality failures and reduce out of specification product. Insure that adequate reporting is in place to facilitate and lead continuous improvement programs and provide efficient traceability and recall requirements.
- Insure that all Health and Safety programs comply with local regulations. Conduct monthly progress and training meetings. Insure that all accident reports and records are timely and in compliance.
- Insure compliance with all company GMP’s, and local regulatory agencies; organic certifying organizations and, Kosher organization and third party certifying agencies.
- Work with current and existing customers to develop an environment of mutual trust and understanding establishing Tradin Organic as the supplier of choice
- Coordinate all plant purchasing activities establishing and delegating accountabilities and signing authority as may be appropriate.
- Work closely with the Technical Engineer developing preventative maintenance programs and procedures to reduce mechanical downtime and insuring that breakdowns are repaired with a minimum of processing disruption.
- Timely execute plant communication plans to develop corrective action plans and assigns priorities relative to improving production reliability and reducing downtime.
- Establish effective communication practices that provide operating information to Process Operators, staff and upper management on a daily, weekly, monthly basis insuring that all parts of the company have the information necessary to affect continuous improvement. Items to be covered; identify issues, production schedules, cost controls, budget compliance and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Insure that Human Resources programs are in place addressing the selection, training, development, motivation, and cultural expectations of all plant employees and the company. Insure that job descriptions are up to date and that reviews are conducted on a periodic basis, at a minimum annually.
For this challenging role, you are required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, operations or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in production engineering, production supervision and plant management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual required, fluent in Dutch and good English proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage human relations issues in a plant environment
- Self-starter skills and capablility of developing and maintaining a team environment.
- Ability to be proactive in all phases of the operation.
- An operating knowledge of computer and computer applications.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical problem solving
- A fulltime position (40 hours contract), consignation is part of this.
- A brand new high tech workspace at Agriport next to the A7 in municipality Hollands Kroon http://www.agriporta7.nl/Businesspark/NL/nl-b-bedrijvenpark-agriport.html
- Good working conditions and a young, pleasant and dynamic work environment
- A good remuneration package
- A company culture of team spirit, can-do attitude, informal atmosphere and professionalism.
Interested in this challenging position?
Please contact Lieuwkje van Zwieteren, Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist, via email@example.com